Our Product > Conversion
Weighing and Sampling
U3O8 Concentrate Weighing and Sampling
Weighing and sampling of uranium concentrates, U3O8,
are critical steps. Honeywell-MTW weighing and sampling procedures, which conform
to ASTM standards, help determine the purity of uranium concentrates
and ensure compatibility with the Honeywell conversion process.
- Uranium ore concentrates are received at the Metropolis Works
Sampling Facility in U.S. Department of Transportation approved
- Individual drums are accurately weighed.
- Drums are hydraulically lifted two at a time into the sampling
- The auger system obtains a representative
sample from each lot by removing a very small sample of the
uranium ore concentrates
drum from a random section of the drum’s contents.
- This material is then split, blended, ground and dried in
order to prepare six 150 gram samples for analytical purposes
2 for the supplier and 2 for possible umpire use).
- The analytical results must be agreed upon by Honeywell and
the supplier prior to conversion.